Thank you very much for your interest in this tour!
This tour provides a full five-course traditional Cha-kaiseki (cuisine served before tea ceremony) and a tea ceremony experience in a special facility with a tea ceremony room. An oasis of calm and traditional beauty in the midst of urban Tokyo.
* The venue is a private facility and not open to the public.
- Experience the formal way of tea, which includes a five-course traditional Cha-kaiseki cuisine prepared by a chef with more than 20 years experience followed by a tea ceremony. You can also enjoy Japanese sake (rice wine).
- The venue is an oasis of calm in urban Tokyo. Experience Japanese culture in a beautiful tea room complete with precious art and tea utensils.
- The owner of the venue himself, a professional Ura-senke teacher at its second-highest rank, will treat you to tea and explain the history and ritual of the ceremony.
- Enjoy a five-course traditional cuisine formally served before tea ceremony specially prepared by a chef with more than 20 years experience.
- Sake (rice wine) is also available.
Tea ceremony: Free your mind through the ritual of tea
- Enjoy the finest quality green tea and traditional Japanese sweets from famous confectioneries.
- Learn about tea utensils, hanging scrolls and the etiquette of flower arrangement.
- Try for yourself the unique and fun Japanese way of making green tea.
- Private venue in Futako-Tamagawa, Tokyo.
- Meet at Futako-tamagawa Station. Welcomed by interpreter (English).
- 2.5 hours
- 20,000 yen per person – includes interpreter (English or Mandarin Chinese) fee and souvenirs.
- Private tours: add 20,000 yen per group
* Cancellation Policy: Full amount will be refunded if contacted up to 7 days prior to the event. Otherwise no refund will be granted.
- Wagashi (Japanese sweets) from Hachinoya Confectionery.
- Photos taken during tea ceremony are provided later over the internet.
- You will need to take your shoes off in the tea room, so please wear socks or stockings.
Food Allergies/Religious Restrictions
Please inform us of any food allergies or religious restrictions in advance.
- For those with allergies or religious restrictions, we will gladly substitute other ingredients.
- For those who do not eat meat, we offer Shojin or vegetarian cuisine based on the dietary restrictions of Buddhist monks.
- For those who do not drink alcohol, we offer Japanese tea or mineral water.