Thank you very much for your interest in this tour!
We will introduce to you a cultural experience of making Wagashi (Japanese sweets) and later serve it with Uji Matcha tea (ground green tea). The lesson is fun and simple. The size of an average wagashi is very small, about 4 x 4cm (1.6 x 1.6 in). In such small pieces, you will explore the amazing stories of four beautiful seasons of Japan, its history and various seasonal events. Wagashi and Matcha, in fact, are the basic key items of Japanese traditional tea ceremony.
- You will be guided to make one or two seasonal Wagashi sweets.
- You may take the finished products home to share with your friends and family. (Two of each kind.)
- You will also be invited to enjoy a Wagashi with Uji Matcha tea prepared in a traditional style.
- A certificate of Wagashi Workshop will be awarded upon completion of the class.
- Let’s experience Wagashi making.
With the instructions from Ms. Wakui who is skilled in wagashi making, you will be guided to make one or two wagashi sweets. (2hrs)
- Let’s try Wagashi and Uji Matcha tea.
You are invited to a enjoy a wagashi with Uji Matcha tea prepared in a traditional style. (0.5hrs)
- Wagashi master’s classroom in Toritsu-Daigaku, Tokyo.
- Toritsu-Daigaku Station Exit (Outside).
- Your interpreter will be there to take you to the class.
- 2.5 hours
- 2～6 people
- 15,000 yen per person – includes interpreter (English or Mandarin Chinese) fee.
- Private tours: add 20,000 yen per group
*Cancellation Policy:If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of your booking date, there is no cancellation fee.If you cancel between 3 to 6 days in advance of your booking date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.If you cancel within 2 days of your booking date or no shows, no refund is granted.
- You may take the Wagashi sweets that you make in the class (two of each kind).
* Wagashi can be stored at room temperature for one to three days.
(It varies depending on the ingredients used. Please check with the instructor.)
- Photos taken during class are provided later over the internet.
- You will need to take your shoes off in the classroom so please wear socks or stockings.